Tips for Packing Like a Pro
- Develop a master "to do" list so you won't forget something critical.
- Sort and get rid of things you no longer want or need. Have a garage sale, donate to a charity, or recycle.
- Don't throw out everything. If your inclination is to just toss it, ask yourself how frequently you use an item and how you'd feel if you no longer had it.
- Pack like items together. Put toys with toys, kitchen utensils with kitchen utensils.
- Decide what if anything you plan to move yourself. Precious items, such as family photos, valuable breakables, or must-haves during the move, should probably stay with you.
- Use the right box for the item. Loose items encourage breakage.
- Put heavy items in small boxes so they're easier to lift. Keep weight under 50 lbs. if possible.
- Don't over-pack boxes and increase the chances they will break.
- Wrap every fragile item separatel y and pad bottom and sides of boxes.
- Label every box on all sides. You never know how they'll be stacked and you don't want to have to move other boxes aside to find out what's there.
- Use color-coded labels to indicate which room each item should go in. Color-code a floor plan for your new house to help movers.
- Keep your moving documents together , including phone numbers, driver's name, and van number. Also keep your address book handy.
- Back up your computer files before moving your computer.
- Inspect each box and all furniture for damage as soon as it arrives.
- Remember, most movers won't take plants.
Let the experienced Realtors of Florida-Online-Realty assist you to find the right house.
Give us a call at 813-641-3339 or contact us by e-mail or by using the form below.
Back to Information for Buyers
Information for Sellers
P.O. Box 3339
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Phone: (813) 641-3339
Fax: (813) 200-3436