10 Questions to Ask a Home Inspector
Portions adapted from Real Estate Checklists and Systems and used with permission www.realestatechecklists.com.
- What are your qualifications? Are you a member of the American Association of Home Inspectors?
- Do you have a current license? Inspectors are not required to be licensed in every state.
- How many inspections of properties such as this do you do each year?
- Do you have a list of past clients I can contact?
- Do you carry professional errors and omission insurance? May I have a copy of the policy?
- Do you provide any guarantees of your work?
- What specifically will the inspection cover?
- What type of report will I receive after the inspection?
- How long will the inspection take and how long will it take to receive the report?
- How much will the inspection cost?
Please note: Your buyer's agent can assist you in ordering the home inspection, termite inspection, and other inspections considered necessary for the home you are buying. Your agent will know inspectors he or she can recommend. Do not ask the seller's agent for recommendations of inspectors, as there might be a conflict of interest. The agent of the seller has to work for the best interest of the seller, not for yours.
Let the experienced Realtors of Florida-Online-Realty assist you to find the right house.
Give us a call at 813-641-3339 or contact us by e-mail or by using the form below.
Back to Information for Buyers
Information for Sellers