Hidden Home Defects to Watch For
No home is flawless, but certain physical problems can be expensive. Watch for:
Please note: Realtor can assist you in ordering the home inspection, termite inspection, and other inspections considered necessary for the home you are buying. Your agent will know inspectors he or she can recommend. Do not ask the seller's agent for recommendations of inspectors, as there might be a conflict of interest. The agent of the seller has to work for the best interest of the seller, not for yours.
- Water leaks. Look for stains on ceilings and near the baseboards, especially in basements or attics.
- Shifting foundations. Look for large cracks along the home's foundation.
- Drainage. Look for standing water, either around the foundation of the home of in the yard.
- Termites. Look for weakened or grooved wood, especially near ground level.
- Worn roofs. Look for broken or missing copings and buckled shingles as well as water spots on ceilings.
- Inadequate wiring. Look for antiquated fuse boxes, extension cords (indicating insufficient outlets), and outlets without a place to plug in the grounding prong.
- Plumbing problems. Very low water pressure, banging in pipes.
Let the experienced Realtors of Florida-Online-Realty assist you to find the right house.
Give us a call at 813-641-3339 or contact us by e-mail or by using the form below.
Back to Information for Buyers
Information for Sellers
P. O. Box 3339
Apollo Beach, FL 33572
Phone: (813) 641-3339
Fax: (813) 200-3436